A Thriving Congregation in Millstone
Our youth play a vital role in strengthening our congregation. They participate within all aspects of church life and are encouraged to utilize their many talents while serving God, our church and our community. Youth Ministry at Hillsborough Reformed Church is made up of children in Elementary school and youth ranging 6th through 12th grades. We're in the early stages of developing a College Connection Ministry for college-age young adults (18-25 years old). In all our activities, an emphasis is placed on fellowship and developing strong bonds with one another and the church.
Here’s a sampling of the type of activities that engage the youth of our church:
- Youth Sunday is a special worship service where the youth create a fun and appreciated Sunday church service.
- Organize an annual service project for Thanksgiving.
- Lead the organization of an annual Super Bowl fundraiser.
- Donate their time at the local Soup Kitchen in South Bound Brook.
If this sounds like something you or a family member would be interested in learning more about, contact Kelly in the church office at (908) 359-3391.
Educating Younger Children on Christian Life
Hillsborough Reformed Church offers both Sunday School and Vacation Bible School programs.
- The Sunday School Program is staffed by dedicated and caring teachers and meets Sundays at 9:30 a.m. September through May.
- Vacation Bible School, affectionately referred to as VBS, is a highlight of the summer for many of our young people. Each summar, we offer a one week, half-day program for kids ages 3 to 12 that includes activities, crafts, and music centered around a theme that all can relate to. For 2020, we will use a quarantine-friendly VBS called BOLT. With minimal preparation, easy-to-follow instructions, and a video that leads you and your kids step-by-step through each of the 3 days, BOLT is designed for you to perform with your family at home. Instead of you bringing your kids to VBS, we’re bringing VBS to your kids. Learn more here.
Learn more about these programs by reaching out to our church office at (908) 359-3391 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.