We worship together as one people, beloved and called by God to do God’s work in the world. Our sermons are based on the Bible and rich traditions of Reformed theology. Our worship has an informal feel and though we are serious, laughter often breaks out and our congregation is filled with joy.
We welcome the whole family to worship together, including babies and small children. We also provide optional adult supervision for little ones during regular worship services.
As of September 20, 2020, we have one service at 10 a.m. each Sunday.
The church will look a little different to you as we follow the guidance of the CDC and public health agencies. Our social distancing and prevention guidelines are outlined below:
- Social distancing of six feet must be maintained at all times. Pews will be blocked off to accommodate six foot distancing.
- All cushions have been removed from pews. Feel free to bring your own seat cushion. We ask that you take your cushion home with you.
- Hands are to be sanitized upon entering.
- Masks are to be worn during the entire service as per CDC guidelines. There will be a small supply of extra masks should anyone be in need.
- All doors will be open for entering and exiting. Exiting will be from back pew first and then row by row to the front pews. Consistory members can assist with seating and exiting.
- Windows and doors will be open as long as weather permits.
- Bulletins will be placed in available pews and we ask that you take them with you when you leave.
- As per official guidelines, there cannot be singing of any kind. Responsive readings, unison readings and prayers will be spoken softly.
- Offering plates will be placed in the back of the church instead of being passed.
- Children will remain in the sanctuary during the service and remain in their seats during Junior Sermons.
- Everyone will remain in their pew for the passing of the peace. Alternatives to participate includes offering a friendly wave or bowing with your hands clasped as if in prayer.
- The bathroom in the vestibule will be available for emergencies. Please properly wash hands and use sanitizing wipes on surfaces after each use.
- No Millstone Cafe until further notice.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well for any reason.
For those who prefer to stay home at this time, you also have the option to join our weekly workship services virtually as they are held virtually through Facebook Live every Sunday at 10 a.m. ET.
We have street parking and a small parking lot adjacent to the church. We are handicap accessible.
We invite you to come as you are since most of our members dress in informal attire to attend weekly services.